The Ibogaine Dossier
NYU Conference on Ibogaine Nov 5-6, 1999
branch and leaf
Ibogaine Bibliographies of Scientific Papers
Most recent publications:
Our own bibliographies:
- Search for ibogaine in PubMed.
- Search for 18-MC in PubMed.
- Original research and review articles on ibogaine
- 18-MC is a recently developed iboga alkaloid congener that has ibogaine's anti-addictive effects,
possibly without ibogaine's hallucinogenic component.
- Review articles on the NMDA-receptor
The brain NMDA-receptor has been implicated in a pathway of addiction,
linking it to a variety of substances, including opiates, cocaine, and alcohol. Research suggests
ibogaine to be an NMDA-receptor antagonist. This may explain part of ibogaine's putative anti-addictive role.
- A number of articles have been selected to appear in our special abstracts section
because of their thought provoking content tothe issue of whether ibogaine neurotoxicity is a clinical safety issue or not.
Top of page |