The Ibogaine Dossier
NYU Conference on Ibogaine Nov 5-6, 1999
variety iboga fruit
The anecdotal reports on this page have not been verified by The Ibogaine Dossier.
An Ibogaine Experience
I had a window of opportunity and I went through it. I was fortunate enough (good Karma) to be on the receiving end of the
"Gift of Freedom"....Ibogaine.
I will not mention who gave it to me, as that is not my purpose. My purpose is to share the joy of drug freedom and to take
you through my Ibogaine Experience. I am also writing a journal for the Ibogaine Researchers who work for FREE and
spend all of their hard earned PHD'S on Ibogaine Research and finding a way to mass produce this wonderful drug.
About 3 weeks ago, I was not expecting this Gift. A knock? I answered, and there stood Santa with ONE gift....IBOGAINE.
The Ibogaine was in capsule form, marked in 240 mg and the rest in 320 mg. to total of 2.5 grams which was to the T on
my body weight. I was excited and ready to go THEN......I was very s l o w l y given all the information My little excited
pea brain could accept. My husband was on hand to monitor my physical properties. My *guide* was there to offer their
mental support, along with taking care of my highly excited emotional well being.
I was able to take notes for the first hour. They are as follows:
- 8:55 PM
- my guide took me to a darkened room, NO lights, and I was told to remain calm, and to lie down. A soft piano
concerto was playing.
- 320 mg Ibogaine taken. The capsule was emptied and I swallowed some bitter tasting liquid in a glass of water.
NOT as bitter as methadone, but what in Ibogaine name IS that bitter? I was given the 320 mg at first to see if I would
be sensitive to it. I experienced NO nausea and NO diarrhea which CAN be side effects, so I was told.
- 9:05 PM
- beginning to feel effects of Ibogaine. Reminds me somewhat if my LSD days, when I first came on to the acid.
Sound distortions, trails out the kazoo, (meaning MANY MANY MANY MANY trails).
- 9:10 PM
- just went through a series of YAWNS that almost made me pass out. I told my guide I wanted to sleep and to
finish the Ibogaine in the morning. What I DIDN'T tell my guide at that time, my reason for wanting to finish in the am
was so I could go to the ALL MIGHTY CLINIC to receive my usual 190mg of methadone.
- 9:30 PM
- told my guide goodnight and went to sleep( so I thought) but in actuality I was tripping already....jus didn't know it.
- Tuesday morning
- I was given the remainder 2.5 grams to complete my Ibogaine Treatment. About all I remember of this day, was
coming in and out of a tunnel, filled with LOUD chanting and in one corner of my brain there was someone I called
"The Screecher" who would literally fill my soul with incredible loud SCHREECHING!!!!
- Tuesday evening
- up to the bathroom.......can't hardly walk.......feet shuffling......trails so incredible I was in the bathroom for hours,
fading in and out of consciousness.
- still on my trip......I remember observing all that was happening to me internally. I was standing in awe watching
these African people take my brain and Chant MY life long addiction clean. My brain, my soul, my literally existence
was all given a through cleansing. My brain actually shone with a brillance so bright I literally could not look for more
than a few seconds at a time.
- Thursday morning
- I remember looking at my guide and feeling a bond and kinship with the other 10 or so people in the world who
have had this experience. The Ibogaine *workers* were all tall, dark people with an intensity that made their eyes
glow with determination.....I never once felt threatened, just remember feeling very, very CLEAN.......I slep through most
- Friday morning
- I was steady enough on my feet to take a shower without help. I was and am amazed I was NOT drug sick. I
looked at my guide and said..."NO withdrawal"!!!!!!!!! Guide smiled........
For the next 6 days I saw trails still........they slowly faded until I only see them occasionally at night..........
I have this to say to all of you. Howard is RIGHT. I am not addicted to methadone. I had NO severe drug
withdrawal ... after a 10 year methadone abit and a 25 year drug dependecny, this is no less than a miracle.
For all of you who go to the different conferences? TALK IBOGAINE....BELIEVE IT......IT WORKS........The only
physical problems I am having now is a severe drop in blood sugars which are causing extreme tiredness.
Marc Shinderman and my counselor advised me to continue on my anti-depressants. I don't want to take ANY
drugs, so we will see how I do...... I give my eternal thanks to the God that IS that HE picked
me to receive this gift.
MOST of all, I thank all the researchers who must live across the ocean so they won't be jailed for trying to
help US, the addicts......
30 days after treatment this patient reported severe craving and sought to return to the methadone program.
The Ibogaine Dossier cannot guarantee the accuracy of the information on this page.
Top of page |